Traditional Southern bourbon balls take on a more complex flavor with tea infused bourbon. I served these at a Southern Tea Party. They are also perfect for holiday gifting and cold weather gatherings.
Makes 2 dozen bourbon balls
You will need:
1 cup raw pecan halves
1.5 cups (12 ounces) vanilla cookies (I used Trader Joe’s vanilla wafers. You can also use shortbread or make your own)
3 Tablespoons brown or turbinado sugar
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1/3 cup maple syrup
1/3 cup plain or tea infused bourbon (recipe coming next week)
1 vanilla bean
1/2 cup granulated or fine sugar
- Toast pecans on a baking sheet at 400 degrees for 8 minutes
- In a food processor, throughly blend toasted pecans, vanilla cookies, brown or turbinado sugar, cocoa powder, maple syrup and bourbon. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Split vanilla bean lengthwise
- In a small bowl, scrape vanilla beans into a bowl with 1/2 cup granulated sugar. Mix well.
- Scoop bourbon ball mixture with a Tablespoon or a melon baller. Roll in your plans to make it into a ball and then toss in the bowl of vanilla sugar.